What is Past Life Regression?
I landed on a grassy hill with a big thud in a tumble of laughter. I was exhausted from dancing and playing with a friend.
I looked down at my feet, noticing the clunky men’s shoes, a size or two too big for me. I was a young woman and I would’ve rather had women’s shoes, but no matter. I was happy. Although, I got a sense that the world around me was very unhappy.
I looked over at my friend with full cheeks, flushed from dancing and twirling with me.
He rested against the trunk of a tree, running his hand through his unruly brown waves of hair that signaled he too was unaffected by the grim circumstances around us.
But it was in his gestures and subtle nuances that I realized I knew him…many times before. He was infinitely familiar. His soul was familiar and these gestures mimicked those of the many lifetimes we’d had together.
In the distance, a red flag flew high enough that I could see it over the hills. I didn’t like the red flag and what it stood for. Discord. Struggle. Politics.
I was a hard worker for hardly being able to feed myself. I wore all second-hand clothes, but nevertheless I had a cheery disposition and positive attitude. Money wasn’t that important to me anyhow.
Luckily I had this familiar friend who shared in my enthusiasm for life and we could escape to the hills. Freedom. Fresh air.
I was only 16. My friend was a little younger and I longed for our time together to just play and forget the broken world around us.
Now it was time to fast forward into the future of this lifetime…several years later.
I was sitting around a huge table of aristocratic people. There was lively conversation. Smiles….some fake. It was a dinner party. The clothing was fancy, excessive, heavy dresses, heavy wigs and sparkling accessories trimmed with gold.
My familiar companion was sitting across the table from me and even amidst the loud chatter and echoes of the noisy room, we exchanged a knowing smile.
No more red flag to be seen anywhere.
Somehow, we had gone from rags to riches. But there hadn’t been a doubt all along. It’s like we knew we’d “make it”. Money still didn’t matter. We had it. We had each other. We still had our fun aside from the pretentious group we were with now.
Fast forward once more…it’s time to leave this life.
I’m old. Very old. In bed. I’m tired but not suffering. We live in a simple home despite having more money than we need.
My friend, my companion is with me. He cracks a joke, I laugh once more, and I peacefully pass.
This was some highlights from my first Past Life Regression Experience.
Once he opened up the conversation in the field of psychiatry, he was inundated with accounts of past life from other professionals… and the rest is history 🙂
Many more details and learnings trickled into my awareness even days after this experience, and so they typically do with past life regression.
My companion was a young man I shared a brief time with in this lifetime before he suddenly passed. One of the first things he ever said to me was that he felt like we’ve known each other for a long time. Not to mention we shared the same birthday.
The science-minded part of me Googled historical details and symbols that matched my experience- history I’d never been aware of before.
I’ve had past life experiences without historical details, and still much to learn from. Historical details seem to be as apparent as much as they’re needed to invoke a feeling or emotion pertinent to the therapeutic process.
Typically, there’s two ways in which a past life recollection unfolds:
- Classical Pattern: someone experiences a lifetime with complete details of daily life. It flows like a story from beginning to end (birth to death). Some aspects will represent more meaning and understanding to the client.
- Key Moments: this pattern follows a symbolic pattern. The subconscious knits together and highlights the most important and relevant moments from this past life. Sometimes it occurs as just one event and that’s the entire experience, but the event is key to their current life situation.
It’s also possible to experience two past lives, jumping from one right after the other, in one session.
Is Past Life Regression for you?
Do you have a keen interest in a particular country, region, religion or culture, but you’re not sure why?
Do you feel a sense of connection to a specific historical period, or a person or place in history.
Have you ever experienced dejavu with a person, place or object?
Do you have an unexplained fear?
Are you faced with a pervasive problem you’ve known most of this life?
What about a current complicated relationship or someone who just rubs you the wrong way, but you can’t pinpoint exactly why?
Do you have addiction or abuse in several generations of your family- these are patterns rooted in the past.
Can you have a past life regression experience if you don’t believe in past lives or reincarnation? 100% yes!
Most people have an open mind when they come in for a session. They may have questions or intentions, but they are open to the experience and what they may discover in the distant past that can help them in their present lives.
The idea that our souls and our “energetic bodies” live on is rooted in numerous religions and philosophies, but also in science- energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred.
In the earliest accounts of all religions, reincarnation was embedded throughout the scriptures. In many cases, it was later removed because of political and societal concerns that a person would not be civilly obedient in this life now if they could just come back in another lifetime.
Past Life Regression and Hypnosis:
Past life regression begins with hypnosis because this puts a person in a state of accessing the subconscious; memory and genetic memory, and all resources within them, unrestricted by self-imposed limitations.
Past life regression (and hypnosis) is simply the belief that the knowledge we need for any number of things we struggle with, is already deeply embedded within us.
When people ask me if past life regression is actual memories of past lives or is it imagination, metaphor, symbolism, fantasy or fiction? I say, ‘Yes’ to all, because aspects of the mind and states of mind are all based on theory- no one knows for sure. All we do know is the anatomy of the brain and its features. The mind however, holds infinite possibilities.
People can access and experience their mind in another way just through meditation, dreams, hypnosis or even on psychedelic’s.
There’s also near death experiences reported across the world that show up in multiple case studies.
Of course even the general sense of spirituality is experienced on another level than the conscious, structured perspective of our life.
Most fascinating of all is the research and cases of small children recalling ancient languages, historical facts and details that are compelling examples of the possibilities of the mind. After all, children are in a state similar to hypnosis/high Theta wave activity for the first several years or life. They use less of the critical conscious mind than they do the emotional, sensory, memory-accumulating, creative, absorbing, state-of-mind related to the subconscious.
We also know that we only use a very small portion of our mind. What lies beyond that, I can’t say for sure but the potential likely resides in the subconscious!
What is Past Life Regression used for?
- Psychological relief: Examine current negative patterns and find root causes in past lives in order to release unhealthy behaviors.
- Physical relief: Examine current health issues (obesity included) and find causes from a past life, releasing the painful event and getting relief.
- Fears and Phobias: Find an explanation and root cause of current fears and phobias.
- Connect current relationships to past life relationships (even with a person in your life now) to find the root of the conflict and a deeper understanding to repair or complete unfinished business in a relationship.
- Understand dreams, dejavu or unexplained coincidences and symptoms in current life.
- Connection to a historical fascination: Understand a persistent connection or fascination with a person, place, time or event in history.
- Personal growth: Open your mind to more possibilities and a higher perspective than what you’re aware of now, releasing current limited beliefs.
- Guidance: a theme or lesson to be learned from the past that points you to your purpose and path now, including clarity, inner peace, reassurance, or uncovering hidden talents.
- Finding solutions: remedies, awareness and wisdom from the past that can help you with a current issue.
- An extension of therapy: speed up the healing process and find greater understanding and perspective.
- Genetic or hereditary issues: Certain issues may have a genetic predisposition and to the individual these may seem out of their control. a certainty or a looming eventuality. Past life regression gives clients the tools and perspective to resist or reverse these.
- Trauma: triggering events that are highly emotional, traumatic or have caused distress and suffering are less personal and upsetting with distance- the type of distance and detachment that past life regression allows.
- Metaphysical curiosity: The belief in reincarnation, souls, soulmates, archetypes, and a general curiosity in the “unknown” is enough to try a past life session.
- Addictions: Addictions can run in families, which are basically a reflection of the past through generations (and past life/ familial history). When you find the root of the matter, there’s a feeling of grace and understanding that begins the healing process, leading to more permanent results when it comes to addiction. Even genetic propensities toward addiction can be reversed or resisted.
Furthermore, it’s not necessary to have a presenting problem to benefit from a past life regression!
Past life regression is a very interesting, even entertaining, way to discover solutions, gain perspective, resolve and release present day problems.
If you’ve ever talked about your problems using metaphor, such as ‘that person is a pain in my neck‘ or ‘I’ve been overweight forever’, the words you use may not be as coincidental as you think. There’s plenty of present-life words/phrases, coincidences, nuances, and commonalities that connect us to a distant past.
If you are interested in experiencing Past Life Regression in the comfort of your home (online through Zoom), Contact me here or order now, and I’ll contact you! Sessions are half off through January 31, 2021.
Not only do I have a Certification as a Hypnotherapist at the nation’s only accredited college of Hypnotherapy, I have specific certification and experience in Past Life Regression.
Peace and Be Well